Saturday, January 16, 2010

"I could write a blog, I have thoughts"

"Keaton, you asked for that taco, and you're going to eat that taco if you have to sit there all day."  I said this to my son just a few minutes ago.  He asked for a taco, I made the taco, he loves tacos, he's gonna eat that darn taco! Right?!  This scene has played out in your kitchen I am sure.  Well, my "taco" has been on my plate for quite a while now, and by taco, I mean blog.

"I could write a blog, I have thoughts."  A quote from the movie Julie and Julia.  I admit to you that I created this blog page about 3 months ago, but until now it has been blank.  But if Julie can do it, so can I. (I think...It's only a movie after all, I shouldn't derive life altering truths from it, but it WAS based on a true story.)    Dampening my new found courage, another movie quote floats into my mind.  "Look at me, I'm a flower with nothing.interesting.to.say."  That's the walking stick talking, from A Bug's Life (NOT a true story).  Who's right, the walking stick, or Julie?  Time will tell. 

So tell me, internet land, What have you been aspiring to do, that you are putting off?  Please share.

There, the first bite of my taco.....

No comments: