Wednesday, June 23, 2010

An Mid-Crazy-Summer Update. . .

Hi all!
I'm so sorry I haven't blogged in like 2 months!  Our summer has been, as usual, crazy busy.  Between all our travel, and uberhuge VBS, I just have not had time.  So far, we have had a 9 day church camping trip, and 2 trips to Tucson.  Coming up, 9 days in Illinois, a week of VBS set building, then a week of VBS, a week long trip to Vegas for our 10th Anniversary, and then, hopefully, one more camping trip before school starts.  When I'm home, I'm pretty much cleaning the house, and doing laundry to get ready for the next event.
However, today, even though I should be cleaning and doing laundry, I am making apricot sorbet, and blogging.  I wanted to take a few minutes and brag on my Kariscakes.

Karis has been doing amazingly well lately.  She is signing more, understanding more, and talking more all the time. Here is the current list of signs that she knows:  more, milk, eat, up, down, cracker, bagel, baby, goodnight, hat, all done, please, outside, help, open, play, she points, she waves, and she has her own sing for itsy bitsy spider.  That's 19 in all!  She'll also do a few combos like "eat cracker, more eat, or milk please."

She is currently saying, Bubba (that's what we call Keaton) Addy (daddy) Budgy (the dog) Bah-doo (love you), Buh-tnnn (button) , puh-puh (up), Ahh-dnn (all done), and hi!  She'll also say "Hi Bubba," "Hi Addy,"  "Hi Budgy," and "Bahdoo Budgy." 

She's also understanding so much.  She's getting really good at following directions like, "put that back," "put that down," "go with Bubba," "give me a kiss," "sit down," and other basic things like that.

I'm so proud of my girl, she's just 26 months old, and doing so much.  I just wanted to share all of that with you!  I also wanted to share these cute pictures of my kids camping, dirty as can be and loving it!
Happy crazy Summer everyone!


Tracy

No comments: