Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just bragging on my girl...

Hi all!
I thought I would drop you all a quick update on how Karis' development is coming along!  First of all, she has been going pee pee in the potty for 6 days now!  We are just putting her in a t-shirt and pull up during the day, and she still pees in her pull-up a little bit.  However, she is going in the potty 5-6 times a day.  Yay!  
Speech-  As many of you know we stopped teaching Karis anymore sign language, so she is holding steady at about 45 signs.  It was keeping her from trying to speak, and I think the strategy worked.  I keep a running list of her words, and I don't remember when I last updated it, but whenever that was, her vocabulary has more than doubled since then.  Here's the current list
up
down
all done
hi
bye bye
Chili- our dog
daddy
bubba-what we call Keaton
love you
that
this
----that's the old list, here are the additions
all gone
mama
Pappa
Booboo-Memaw or Momo, her grandmas
bagel
cheese 
potty
eat
cookie
baby
belly
ow
ball
moo- like a cow
bzzzz-like a bee
baaa-like a sheep
ball
ya-as in yes
Beautiful- buebue
elbow- Behbow
Elmo-bobo.


That's 32 things!!!  I'm so proud of her.  She hasn't had speech therapy since May, and she is still doing well. Smarty pants!
I'll add update this list if she says anything in the next few days that I forgot to add.


That's all for now! Have a great weekend!

No comments: