Monday, April 12, 2010

And the Grammy Goes to....ME!

Today's blog could have been titled "notes from the couch" because I have finally given in to the fact that I am sick, and have taken a day to rest and recover.  Sitting on the couch all day, and trying to remain entertained, makes me realize just how seldom I take the time to to stop, sit on the couch!!  So as I attempt to keep my kids content from the comfort of my sectional, I decided to catch up on some DVR'd episodes of "The Celebrity Apprentice."  I know, I know, who still watches this show?  Well, I do.  I have to have something recorded to entertain me on the treadmill! (On days that I'm not sick of course)  In this kind of setting, celebrities, and a few has-beens, are almost always doing what they are doing to benefit a particular charity.  The celebrity apprentice is no different.  This year's big ones are the "Make a Wish Foundation," the "American Diabetes Association,"  two celebs are raising funds for Autism awareness, and several others.


Admittedly, I tend to have an over active imagination.  For example, when watching the Grammys, I find my wandering to what my acceptance speech will be when I am finally recognized for my talents and receive the award for best new artist (eat your heart out Taylor Swift).  What will I wear?  Who will I thank?  Come on, you do it too.  Or maybe you think more about what you'll sing in the finally of American Idol next season....me too.  In much the same way, while watching this kind of celeb/charity show, I wonder just who I would donate my winnings too, if I should ever be so lucky to win.  My grammy would get me on the show for sure, right? 

Such a tough decision, so many choices!  Would I chose a charity that I have been the benefited from personally, such as the Ronald McDonald House?  Or one who supports a cause I really believe in, like The National Down Sydrome Society?  Maybe I would send the money to some great missionaries that I know and love like Jay and Celeste Brown, or Freddy and Terisa Vasquez.

As tough as it is to decide on a worthy cause to become the beneficiary of my day dream, I know where my heart is pulled to the most.  Reece's Rainbow.  Reece's Rainbow is a ministry that aides the adoption to, and raises money for, the adoption of orphans with Down Syndrome all over the world.

More on that in a few days.  But today, as I am stuck on the couch, I really need some entertainment, so I really want to hear from YOU?  1- What charity moves your heart?  Or, 2-what weird, pie in the sky, day dreams do you have when your mind wanders to uncharted places?  Come on, you can tell me!

Question 1 or 2, or both, leave me a comment today!  (Humor a sick lady!)


p.s. Notice there is a new poll over there--------------->

2 comments:

Kelli Bagby said...

Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. Actually, I think about Rachel Ross (do you remember her from Lincoln) a lot and the ministry she's doing in Romania with an orphanage. One day, I hope to take my thoughts further, but for now, I continue to think and pray for her from a distance.

Tara said...

Reece's Rainbow definitely has my heart!!! I would love to be an author and speaker when I grow up. Not sure when that will be as we recently announced our pregnancy with number 7, but hey, a girl can dream, right? :)